We are excited and committed to a safe and fun summer at Frontier Ranch. On May 13, California issued guidelines specifically for overnight camps. Two things to keep in mind as you read through the guidelines we need to follow in order to operate camp:
Our ability to operate successfully this summer rests on the cooperation of every member of our camp family abiding by our health protocols. Please work with us to keep all campers safe and healthy.
What is great about Frontier Ranch is almost all of our program is outdoors! This gives campers and staff plenty of room to spread out.
- Face masks are required for campers and staff indoors regardless of physical distancing; this does not include sleeping, eating, or when campers are with their stable pod inside their cabin.
- Face masks are required for campers and staff outdoors when 6-foot physical distancing cannot be achieved.
- Camper health screening and temperature checks will be required at camper drop-off.
- Campers and staff will take part in daily screenings and temperature checks.
- Campers’ bunks will be arranged to allow for proper distancing while sleeping.
- Campers will be part of a stable group or pod that they will move around camp with.
- Frequent hand-washing and extra sanitation steps will be part of our daily schedule.
- If a camper or staff member presents symptoms they will be isolated and referred to testing. For campers, this means a call home to discuss options with parents/guardians
- We are recommending staff be vaccinated before they arrive for the season.
- For everyone’s safety: If your camper is feeling sick or had possible contact with someone who is sick before your week at camp, please do not send them.
If the California Department of Public Health amends this covid-19 guidance for overnight youth and family camps, we will follow suit and communicate to all Frontier Ranch families.
Because of these new guidelines, we can allow parents/guardians to come down into camp for drop-off/pick-up. Please read through all the steps below. Mask guidelines for all persons look different at camp despite vaccination status. Parents/Guardians: Please bring a mask with you to drop off and pick up your camper.
Check-in | 3:00-4:30 PM Sunday Afternoon
- Please limit the number of people you are bringing with you to drop off your camper at Frontier Ranch. We suggest one parent/guardian per camper. There will be no opening day activities for parents, friends, or family of campers to participate in this summer.
- Park your car and head towards the gate at the top of the hill leading down to Frontier Ranch! We are so excited to welcome you back to camp!
- Any person over the age of 2 entering Frontier Ranch will need to wear a face-covering and submit to a health screen at the Frontier Ranch gate. Vaccinated or unvaccinated, we ask all people to wear face coverings because we ask the campers to wear face coverings. Our policy is always “campers first,” which means their health and safety take priority. Asking everyone to mask up during check-in is one more way to protect campers, allowing them to have a safe and fantastic experience at Frontier Ranch.
- If you or your camper do not pass the health screen, we will ask you to postpone your arrival to camp until you can provide a negative covid test for your camper.
- Proceed down the hill and follow the signs to our registration tables behind the Wagon Wheel. There you will check in your camper, turn in their health screening form, and receive your camper’s cabin assignment.
- If you need to turn in any medications for the week, our nurse’s station is your next stop, located near the basketball courts.
- Drop any camper mail you have in the bins provided near the Frontier Theater/Please note there are separate boy bins and girl bins.
- Then meet your counselor in the cabin area, who will show you where your camper’s cabin is located!
- Once your camper is unpacked and moved in, we ask parents/guardians to say their goodbyes. Campers will stay at the cabin, and parents/guardians should return to their cars via the hill back to the parking lot. Please do not linger near the cabin or registration areas so that other families can go about registration with as much space as possible.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be an opening ceremony for families this year. We hope this process will allow camper registration to be a safe and easy process.
Check-out | 9 AM Saturday Morning
- Limit the number of people arriving to pick up your camper.
- Any person over the age of 2 will need to wear a face-covering and submit to a health screen at the Frontier Ranch gate.
- If you do not pass the health screen, we will ask you to remain in your vehicle and bring your camper up the hill to you.
- Pick up any medications you dropped off at check-in with the nurse at the bottom of the hill, and proceed to your camper’s cabin to pick them up. Staff will be available to answer any questions or direct you to your camper’s cabin.
- Once your camper is packed and moved out, we ask campers to say their goodbyes to their counselor and cabinmates. Please do not linger near the cabin or registration areas so that other families can pick up their campers with as much space as possible.
- Unfortunately, there won’t be a closing ceremony for families this year. We hope this process will allow camper pick-up to be a safe and easy process.
The above Covid-19 protocols will look the same for Day Camp.
Check-in and check-out will look different. In order to keep traffic flowing, we will have parents stay in cars. Find more info on our Day Camp page.
If you have questions about any of the above policies, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 831-335-9133