We are excited and committed to a safe and fun summer at Frontier Ranch.
Our ability to operate successfully this summer rests on the cooperation of every member of our camp family, abiding by our health protocols. Please work with us to keep all campers safe and healthy.
In response to COVID-19, Mission Springs maintains a high level of awareness and protection for all guests coming on-site.
Below you find our current health policy update as we approach summer 2022:
- Frontier Ranch strongly recommends that before arrival, campers be either fully vaccinated and without symptoms, or if unvaccinated, to get tested and receive a negative result for COVID-19 infection within 72 hours of the camper start date.
- We will require camper health screening and temperature checks at camper drop-off.
- Campers and staff will take part in daily screenings and temperature checks.
- For everyone’s safety: If your camper is feeling sick or had possible contact with someone who is sick before your week at camp, please do not send them.
- Effective March 1, 2022, face coverings are no longer required regardless of vaccination status.
If the California Department of Public Health amends covid-19 guidance for overnight youth and family camps, we will follow suit and communicate to all Frontier Ranch families.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if my camper tests positive for COVID-19 before coming to camp?
A: Campers who have symptoms of infectious illness, such as influenza (flu) or COVID-19, are exposed to someone with COVID-19, or test positive for COVID-19 within ten days of their start date should stay home and be referred to their healthcare provider for testing and care, regardless of vaccination status.
Frontier Ranch will be offering full refunds to any camper who becomes sick or test positive for COVID-19 within ten days of their start date.
Q: Will I be notified if my camper is exposed to COVID-19 while at camp?
A: If your child were in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 while at camp, we would notify you via phone or email. As defined by the CDC, close contact is as follows: Someone less than 6 feet away from an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over 24 hours.
Q: Will my camper be required to wear a mask?
A: Effective March 1, 2022, regardless of vaccination status, face coverings are no longer required. Mission Springs Frontier Ranch follows the county guidelines for schools and daycare centers. The COVID-19 masking guidelines may change rapidly, and we will notify you if they do.
Q: Are your staff vaccinated?
A: Mission Springs requires staff to be fully vaccinated or tested weekly. All employees are required to stay home if they are sick or exhibit any symptoms of COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status.
Overnight Camp Check-in
Check-in | 3:00-4:30 PM Sunday Afternoon
- Please limit the number of people you bring to check in your camper at Frontier Ranch. We suggest one parent/guardian per camper.
- Park your car and head towards the gate at the top of the hill leading down to Frontier Ranch! We are so excited to welcome you back to camp!
- Please note: We ask that any family member who is currently feeling sick or had close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 does not accompany your camper during check-in. Our policy is campers first, which helps ensure the health and safety of all our campers at camp.
- If your camper does not pass the health screen, they will be referred to their healthcare provider for testing and care, regardless of vaccination status.
- Follow the signs to our registration tables behind the Wagon Wheel. You will check in your camper, turn in their health screening form, and receive your camper’s cabin assignment.
- If you need to turn in any medications for the week, our nurse’s station is your next stop, located near the basketball courts.
- Drop any camper mail in the bins provided near the Frontier Theater.
- Then meet your counselor in the cabin area, who will show you where your camper’s cabin is located!
- Once your camper is unpacked and moved in, you are welcome to stick around for our optional opening ceremony at 4:30 pm in the Frontier Theater.
Overnight Camp Check-out
Check-out | 9 AM Saturday Morning
- Limit the number of people arriving to pick up your camper.
- Park your car and head towards the gate at the top of the hill leading down to Frontier Ranch.
- Pick up any medications you dropped off at check-in with the nurse at the bottom of the hill, and proceed to your camper’s cabin to pick them up. Staff will be available to answer any questions or direct you to your camper’s cabin.
- Once your camper is packed and moved out, we ask campers to say their goodbyes to their counselor and cabinmates. Please do not linger near the cabin or registration areas so that other families can pick up their campers with as much space as possible.
Looking for Day Camp drop-off and pick-up info?